- Design Services
I think as a gardener and designer one of my favorite ‘jobs’ has to be visiting gardens of others. All sorts of gardens, RHS, National Trust, NGS open gardens, Plant Heritage rare plant collections, private gardens open to the public even show gardens at events. I learn so much about design , what works and what could be done better. I see sculpture, water features and hard landscaping and of course plants and planting schemes sometimes even lighting in action. All of it brings inspiration and ideas to be squirreled a way for use later, inspiration down the line.
I thought it might be helpful to to have a look back through a few of the posts I’ve made about gardens I’ve visited not only for me but for you, to perhaps get a taste of garden you might visit in the future or see a garden you know well through someone else’s eyes.
Perhaps you could share a favorite garden of your own in the comments below. I am always excited to find new places to see and be inspired by. I’m often writing new garden visit reviews along with design and gardening hint and tips – so Subscribe to Rosewarne Gardens newsletter today to get all of our updates or Subscribe to our RSS feed.
- Barrington Court, Somerset – Huge estate with many gardens and a fascinating house
- Beth Chatto, Essex – The seminal gardens for dry garden hunters with a fair chunk of excellent sahde planting too
- Queen Elizabeth II Park, London – Admiring the Olympic Parks at the height of their flowering period
- Wimpole Hall – Inspirations
- Wimpole Hall -A History
- Piet Oudolf at The Sepentine
- The Dorothy Clive Gardens, Shropshire – An unexpected gem clinging to a hillside
- Capel Manor, Middlesex
- Great Dixter, Sussex – A spring visit to inspirations central
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Support this blog
Please help to support this blog by making your Amazon or T&M purchases via these links: When you click on one of the banners before you make a purchase, we receive a small percentage of your order value. It won't cost you a penny as your purchase price is not affected, but it'll make a big difference to us! Thank you!
popular postsBeth Chatto Compost CPD cut flower gardening cut flowers cutting garden Dan Pearson e-learning Flower Flowers Galanthus Garden garden design Garden designer Gardener's World gardening Garden Museum Gardens garden visit garden visiting gooseberry grow your own Home Home and Garden Horticulture Iris London Miniature Tall Bearded Iris Monty Don Mulch My Garden School online learning Plant Plant Heritage recipe RHS Royal Horticultural Society sarah raven Seed SGD society of garden designers Tatton Park todos Tree Weed control