- Talk to Us
- Design Services
There were rumbles on the show ground on Tuesday. Several trade stands, nurseries and designer folk muttering that it was all ‘a bit old hat’, ‘seen it all before‘, ‘too safe‘, ‘nothing new under the sun‘.
I will admit I wasn’t as wowed as I had been last year, and there seemed to be rather a lot of Gold for what seemed to me be rather run of the mill if very well executed gardens.
Then Diarmuid Gavin launched in with a short tirade on BBC evening coverage (at around 40:50), Alan T. mildly berating him, but only mildly. Maybe Alan agreed? Then in Saturday’s wrap up Joe Swift made similar though rather more guarded comments about 2013 not being as creatively adventurous previous years (sic).
Was it all a bit safe?
Were the Gold’s handed out ‘to compensate’ for a disappointing set of show gardens?
What’s your view?
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
popular postsBeth Chatto Compost CPD cut flower gardening cut flowers cutting garden Dan Pearson e-learning Flower Flowers Fruit Galanthus Garden garden design Garden designer gardening Garden Museum Gardens garden visit gooseberry grow your own Home Home and Garden Horticulture Iris London Miniature Tall Bearded Iris My Garden School online learning Plant Plant Heritage planting plant of the month preserving recipe RHS Royal Horticultural Society sarah raven Seed SGD society of garden designers Tatton Park todos Tree Weed control