- Talk to Us
- Design Services
As well as being a Garden Designer I, like many others, am fairly fanatical about plants. So much so that a few years back I started collecting the apparently unpopular Miniature Tall Bearded Iris. It’s daintier and makes a much better cut flower than it’s big brother the Tall Bearded
Supported by Plant Heritage and working with a number of knowledgeable breeders and nurseries the collection now tops 65 varieties of MTB’s mixed in with a dozen or so TB’s, IB’s and a smattering of SDB and MDB’s – the classification is all in the height and flower size. My collection is now listed as National Collection.
Excitingly Plant Heritage is celebrating 35 years in 2013 and the lovely people at the Weekend Guardian asked me to write about being a National Collector (Nerd!). Watch out for the article on 29th June.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
popular postsBeth Chatto Compost CPD cut flower gardening cut flowers cutting garden Dan Pearson e-learning Flower Flowers Fruit Galanthus Garden garden design Garden designer gardening Garden Museum Gardens garden visit gooseberry grow your own Home Home and Garden Horticulture Iris London Miniature Tall Bearded Iris My Garden School online learning Plant Plant Heritage planting plant of the month preserving recipe RHS Royal Horticultural Society sarah raven Seed SGD society of garden designers Tatton Park todos Tree Weed control