- Design Services
- Cut Flowers
Knifophia. A robust native of South Africa usually with a red/orange flower mid to late summer (UK). Modern hybridising has brought us a wider range of colours from greens and white through yellows to deep oranges. I must admit that although I don’t mind them I rarely get to put them in a scheme, a lot of people just don’t like them.
Having seen this beauty at Wimpole Hall last week, strongly complementing textures and tones of the other plants, I can’t help but think I am going to be a bit more bullish about championing it in schemes.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
popular postsBeth Chatto Compost CPD cut flower gardening cut flowers cutting garden Dan Pearson e-learning Flower Flowers Fruit Galanthus Garden garden design Garden designer Gardener's World gardening Garden Museum Gardens garden visit garden visiting grow your own Home Home and Garden Horticulture Iris London Miniature Tall Bearded Iris Mulch My Garden School online learning Plant Plant Heritage plant of the month recipe RHS Royal Horticultural Society sarah raven Seed SGD society of garden designers Tatton Park todos Tree Weed control