- Design Services
One of my favorite local-ish gardens is NT Wimpole Hall. At this time of the year the wonderfully wide (3m at least) herbaceous borders flanking the walled kitchen garden are bursting with late summer colour. Shocking blue Salvia jostle with Hellianthus and Achillea while floaty Stipa gigantea wafts about in between them all. This time I discovered that almost ALL their plant material in these borders had come from donations. Astounding. Of course I will be donating Iris now that I know this!
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Support this blog
Please help to support this blog by making your Amazon or T&M purchases via these links: When you click on one of the banners before you make a purchase, we receive a small percentage of your order value. It won't cost you a penny as your purchase price is not affected, but it'll make a big difference to us! Thank you!
popular postsBeth Chatto Compost CPD cut flower gardening cut flowers cutting garden Dan Pearson e-learning Flower Flowers Galanthus Garden garden design Garden designer Gardener's World gardening Garden Museum Gardens garden visit garden visiting gooseberry grow your own Home Home and Garden Horticulture Iris London Miniature Tall Bearded Iris Monty Don Mulch My Garden School online learning Plant Plant Heritage recipe RHS Royal Horticultural Society sarah raven Seed SGD society of garden designers Tatton Park todos Tree Weed control