- Design Services
- Cut Flowers
With all the current government infighting over whose ‘fault’ all the current flooding is this video provides a rather succinct and practical set of ideas about what could be done to help prevent such devastating events in the future.
Rain gardens, recycling ‘grey water’ in the home – waste sink water to flush the loo sort or water the garden – permeable hard landscaping to slow down surface runoff, well sized tree and plant ‘pits’ to soak up runoff from roads and to bring trees into the picture as an element not only of beauty and wildlife habitat but as a potential moderator of urban temperatures.
Managing water well to enhance our overall environment and sensibly use the precious resource.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
popular postsBeth Chatto Compost CPD cut flower gardening cut flowers cutting garden Dan Pearson e-learning Flower Flowers Galanthus Garden garden design Garden designer Gardener's World gardening Garden Museum Gardens garden visit garden visiting grow your own Home Home and Garden Horticulture Iris London Miniature Tall Bearded Iris Monty Don Mulch My Garden School online learning Plant Plant Heritage plant of the month recipe RHS Royal Horticultural Society sarah raven Seed SGD society of garden designers Tatton Park todos Tree Weed control