- Talk to Us
- Design Services
More than a little chuffed and excited with the grapevine this year. It’s 4 th year here and thus far a tiny bunch has appeared each of the previous 2 years. This year it’s COVERED in grapes. I’ve pruned back in Spring per @themontydon instructions, 2 bunches per vertical, 3 leaf intersections. But it still seems like a lot of bunches for one little plant.
Later in summer I’ve been swotting up on care, pruning and maintenance for the optimum crops and now find that this year, 5 bunches will be optimum, next year ( year 5 for the vine) any number will be acceptable!
I’d be happy with 3 or 4 bunches to tell truth! Its a black unarmed (😂and unnamed) eating grape.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
popular postsBeth Chatto Compost CPD cut flower gardening cut flowers cutting garden Dan Pearson e-learning Flower Flowers Fruit Galanthus Garden garden design Garden designer gardening Garden Museum Gardens garden visit gooseberry grow your own Home Home and Garden Horticulture Iris London Miniature Tall Bearded Iris My Garden School online learning Plant Plant Heritage planting plant of the month preserving recipe RHS Royal Horticultural Society sarah raven Seed SGD society of garden designers Tatton Park todos Tree Weed control